Friday, January 20, 2006

Siskiyou Outback Trail Runs

Although I can't run long distances anymore, I do enjoy getting out in nature in Southern Oregon. One way that I do that is by going on long runs, but walking instead of running. I like to take my camera, but it's sometimes too big for a brisk, long hike. I'd really like to have a Nikon Coolpix, one that is smaller than my D70s, so that I can do point and shoots along the trail. Here's a photo of my walking friend, Sally, feeding my ever beggin dog, Chase.
Sally and I have hiked along the Applegate Lake Reservoir, then up and over Collier trail, a trail that had us exposed to some very snowy and windy conditions one blustery day. That was the day I didn't take my camera and really wish that I had. We were both soaked to our bones, and were not properly dressed for the serving of weather that spit its nasty, cold wetness on us. Brrrrrrr. This Saturday we'll be doing a Fat Ass run, and I'm going to be out there in the wilds with my camera and boyfriend as we celebrate Our One Year Dating Anniversary. I just checked the weather and it will be partly cloudy. Simply a perfect day for a walk in the woods, with a cold beer waiting for us at the end.

No comments: