Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Sunday Morning Run on the Pacific Crest Trail

Chase and I went for a fun run in the Greensprings on Sunday morning. Before the day heated up, we trotted north along a single lane trail, green and lush from a cooler than usual summer. Chase, good dog that he is, scouts the trail ahead of me, returning often to check on my progress. We ran out about 45 minutes, returning to the Burb to wait a bit for Llama, Wonder, Jewels and Licks. They ran 12 miles, starting from Pilot Rock. The plan was to have a yummy breakfast at the newly opened Greensprings Restaurant, having just read of their recent reopening. Unfortunately, it was a trainwreck, and the next time we'll have to bring a pick a nick basket!

3 comments:

Steve said...

I hope you don't mind that I read your blog. You are fascinating.

Steve said...

I clicked on a favorite movie in my list and there was your blog among others that had the same favorite movie. I love Oregon and it's people even though I've never been there. And, as I said, you are very interesting. I've only read a few posts but thank you for letting me read the rest in the future.

I blog for my grown daughters so they can feel dad is around but don't have to read piles of email. So, if the posts sound weird it's because I'm writing to an audience who knows the punch line.

Steve said...

I just know you will get the urge to write any day now. Can't you feel it in the air? :-) I hope you are doing well. :-))