Monday, May 10, 2010

Applegate River Ranch

Slopes and Trails (the best singles activity group in the Rogue Valley) held its annual Leadership dinner at the Applegate River Ranch. Nestled in middle of the Applegate appellation, the trip getting there and back is lovely: rural, with gently sloping hillsides, vineyards, tasting rooms, and windy roads. Running late after a stop at Del Rio Winery on I-5 we had to hustle to make my 4 o'clock meeting. I was being chauffeured in a bright red Mazda Miata, and the driver politely asked: do you mind if I have a little fun? Of course not!!! What a blast that was. Absolutely thrilling. Even though this picture was taken an hour after the car was stopped, I can still see the excitement in my eyes from that joy ride.To find the Applegate Valley, check this little map. The ride back was more sedate after a filling dinner, and we actually had time to "stop and smell the flowers", well not really flowers...but, she was curious about the bright red car with a mooing woman hanging out of it. Besides, I like having a cow be the counterpoint to my own photo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen nice blog

Robin said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!